Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blog Challenge Days 19 and 20

For some reason I am having trouble all the sudden keeping up with the posting, so again here is two days in one post.
Day 20- Nicknames
 I guess my first nickname would have to be  Mindy since my full name is Melinda. When iI was born my grandma said Melinda was to long of a name for such a small baby it stuck. Well I tried to change it in colege but that was a no go cause i would never answer to it so I swent back to Mindy.

Well I have a bunch of nicknames  first off going up my grandpa called me Winnie and then when my sister was born I was upgraded to Big Winnie and she was Little Winnie.

My Boyfriend calls me Sweet pea and sometimes he calls me Vern depending on what we are talking about.
then there  Min, Minie, Aunt Nindy and my sister used to call me Ninna and my niece used to call me Ninnie and a few friends call me Minders.

Day 19 - something I miss

The thing that i miss the most is teaching. I have my BS in elementary education, but here in the state of Ohio you need to have to have your masters to have your own classroom and when I graduated in 2000 I was brunt out and I knew that if I went for my masters i would not do as well as I wanted to so after a hand full of other jobs working w preschoolers I started subbing for the city schools here. Well one thong that you all don't know is that I have Cerebral Palsy (Cp) and in 2004 I started receiving SSD and was told that I could only make $125 a month and keep all of my health benefits. Well I was making $75 a day and I couldn't afford to pay my own insurance so I had to quit. I miss the classroom AWFUL wish i could go back maybe some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment